The Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro HSM Lens is a multipurpose zoom lens that offers Optical Stabilization (OS) and covers wide angle to telephoto to macro photography. This compact zoom lens features macro capability with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.9 and the use of Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material currently used only by Sigma.
TSC, which is incorporated into the lens barrel and is often compared to polycarbonate, has a high degree of elasticity and exhibits little variation in its structure in extreme temperature conditions. This means that internal barrel expansion and contraction due to extreme temperature variations is less prevalent. TSC also contributes to the lens’ size reduction.
Sigma optimized this lens’ power arrangement by incorporating double-sided aspherical lenses and reexamining the design to achieve a more compact filter diameter. The lens has an approximate 13x high zoom ratio with a filter size of 62mm in diameter. Sigma’s unique OS system, as well as one Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass and three aspherical lens glasses, compensate for camera shake and enable correction of color aberration, respectively.
The Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro HSM lens is also equipped with Super Multi-Layer Coating to reduce flare and ghosting, a Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) to ensure fast and quiet auto-focusing, and a rounded, seven-blade diaphragm to create an attractive round blur to the out of focus areas. The lens features a brass-made bayonet mount applied on the surface to reinforce strength for long-term use and enable high accuracy and solidity.
- High performance & compact with great zoom ratio of approx. 13x
- For use with smaller chip APS-c cameras only
- A minimum focusing distance of 35cm¥” at all focal lengths & produces a maximum magnification radio of 1:2.9
- Super Multi-Layer Coating to reduce flare and ghosting
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) to ensure fast and quiet auto-focusing
- Made with Thermally Stable Composite material
- Rounded, seven-blade diaphragm to create an attractive round blur
- Offers Sigma¥?s OS System (Optical Stabilization - not available for Sony and Pentax) allowing handheld photography even in low-light situations
|Lens construction||16 elements in 13 groups|
|Angle of view||76.5° - 6.5°|
|Number of diaphragm blades||7|
|Minimum focusing distance||35cm|
|Dimensions (Diameter x Length)||73.5 x 88.6mm|
|Corresponding mounts||Sony: HSM, DC|
HSM - Hyper-Sonic Motor
DC - DC for Digital
* Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with image sensor larger than APS-C size or 35mm SLR, and APS Film SLR cameras.
* For Pentax mount, if the camera body does not support HSM, auto focus will not be available.
* Sony and Pentax mounts are not incorporated with OS function.