The Pentax DA 18-270mm F3.5-6.3 SDM Lens is a high-magnification zoom lens that offers 15-times zoom ratio to cover focal lengths from wide angle to super telephoto, while its built-in supersonic AF driving mechanism achieves both smooth, quiet AF operation and a compact, lightweight body. Its extraordinary wide angle-to-long-telephoto zoom coverage makes this zoom lens extremely versatile and handy, as it allows the user to effortlessly capture a wide variety of subjects, ranging from landscapes and snapshots to sports events, without the need to change lens.
- Compact high-magnification zoom lens offering 15-times zoom ratio
- Built-in supersonic AF driving mechanism
- Equivalent to 27.5-414mm in 35mm film format
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.49m
- Round shaped diaphragm for smooth, beautiful bokeh
- Fast manual focusing in AF mode with Quick Shift focus system
15-times zoom covering the extra wide range.
When mounted on a Pentax K-mount lens-interchangeable digital camera body, this Pentax DA 18-270mm F3.5-6.3 SDM Lens offers an 15-times zoom ratio covering focal lengths from 27.5mm wide angle to 414mm super telephoto in the 35mm format. This allows the photographer to capture a wide range of scenes and subjects without changing lenses - ranging from such casual applications as scenery, snapshot and portraiture to long-range sports photography. Its newly designed optics is the key to achieving such wide zoom coverage in a compact, lightweight body, for optimal versatility and manoeuvrability.
Supersonic AF motor (SDM)
Thanks to the incorporation of the Pentax-original SDM autofocus system driven by a built-in supersonic motor, the Pentax DA 18-270mm F3.5-6.3 SDM Lens lens offers exceptionally smooth and quiet autofocus operation. When mounted on an SDM-compatible Pentax K-mount lens-interchangeable digital camera body,* the focus mode is automatically switched to SDM-assisted autofocusing to ensure dependable, flawless AF operation.
* This lens is compatible with the K-5 II,_††K-5 II s,_††K-30,_††K-01, K-5, K-r, K-7, K-x, K-m, K20D, K200D, K100D Super and K10D camera bodies (with Ver. 1.30 or later firmware installed). When mounted on other camera bodies, the focus mode is automatically switched to manual.
Exceptional image detail
Incorporating two extra-low dispersion (ED) elements in its optics, the Pentax DA 18-270mm F3.5-6.3 SDM Lens delivers bright, high-resolution images even at the edges, while effectively minimising chromatic aberration.
|Equivalent to 35mm format||27.5-414mm|
|Number of diaphragm blades||7|
|Angle of view||76°-6°|
|Construction||16 elements in 13 groups|
|Smallest object distance||0.49m|
|Dimensions (Length x Diameter)||Approx. 89 x 75.8mm|
|Kit content||Lens hood |
- Pentax DA 18-270mm F3.5-6.3 SDM Lens
- Lens Hood
- Lens Cap