- Hand-held 600mm (1) super-telephoto shooting
- 5-axis Sync IS (3) that boasts a world's most powerful (2) 6 steps of compensation
- Amazing mobility provided by a compact, lightweight, dustproof, splashproof, and freezeproof design
- Highest resolution in Olympus history
- High-speed, high-precision autofocus
- Telemacro shooting with a maximum image magnification of 0.48x (1)
- Slim form designed for sophistication and ease of use
- Super-telephoto lens and silent shutter combining for a new dimension of photography
Features5-Axis Sync IS: World's Most Powerful (2) Image Stabilisation
This is the first Olympus interchangeable lens to be equipped with in-lens IS. Combining in-lens IS and in-body 5-axis IS, 5-axis Sync IS (3) achieves the world's most powerful (2) image stabilisation, equivalent to 6 shutter speed steps, which makes previously difficult hand-held super-telephoto shooting possible.
Amazing Mobility with a Compact, Lightweight Design
This is a compact, lightweight lens weighing only 1270g with a length of 227mm, featuring dustproof, splashproof and freezeproof construction. Its excellent mobility and powerful image stabilisation makes it useful in a variety of fields without needing a tripod. The hermetic sealing in 17 locations powerfully protects against ingress of dust and water droplets for excellent performance.
Highest Resolution in Olympus History
Olympus's best-ever resolution is achieved by including 3 Super ED (extra-low dispersion) lenses, an HR (high-refractive) lens and an E-HR (Extra-High Refractive) lens for correcting colour bleeding and aberrations that tend to occur when using telephoto lenses.
Introducing Z Coating Nano
Coating technology, Z Coating Nano, significantly reduces ghosts and flares for sharp, clear image quality. By adding a layer of nano-sized particles with a layer of air in the centre to the surface of the lens, the coating achieves a refractive index similar to that of air for reduced surface reflections.
Telemacro Shooting with a Maximum Image Magnification of 0.48x (1)
Telemacro performance with a closest focusing distance of 1.4m (1.15m from the end of the lens) and a maximum image magnification of 0.48x (1) is now possible with this Olympus 300mm lens. These features open up a new world of telemacro shooting with hand-held and free angle possibilities.
Premium, Fine Quality Expected of the M.Zuiko PRO Lens Series
The sophisticated design features a MF (manual focus) clutch mechanism for instantly switching shooting styles, and switches on the lens barrel for changing settings without changing your grip.
|Focal Length||300mm (35mm equivalent focal length: 600mm)|
17 Elements in 10 Groups (3 Super ED lenses, 3 HR lenses,1 E-HR lens)
Lens construction diagram
|Splashproofing||Dustproof and splashproof mechanism|
|Focusing System||High-speed imager AF (MSC)|
|Angle of View||4.1°|
|Closest Focusing Distance||1.4m|
|Maximum Image Magnification||0.24x (35mm equivalent maximum image magnification: 0.48x)|
|Minimum Field Size||72.1 x 54.2mm|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (circular aperture diaphragm)|
|Lens IS Mechanism||VCM|
|IS Performance||5-axis Sync IS: 6 Steps* Lens IS: 4 Steps
According to CIPA standards. When correction is carried out on two axes (yaw and pitch), image stabilisation during halfway press: Off. Camera bodies: OM-D E-M1 V4.0/E-M5 Mark II V2.0 (as of December 2015)
|Lens hood||Screw-on type|
|Size: maximum diameter x length||Ø92.5 x 280mm (hood use position) / Ø92.5 x 227mm (hood shorten position)|
|Weight||1,270g (tripod not included) / 1,475g (tripod included)|
(1) 35mm equivalent
(2) According to CIPA standards. When correction is carried out on two axes (yaw and pitch), image stabilisation during halfway press: Off. Camera bodies: OM-D E-M1 V4.0/E-M5 Mark II V2.0 (as of December 2015)
(3) 5-axis Sync IS compatible camera bodies: OM-D E-M1 V4.0/OM-D E-M5 Mark II V2.0 or later (as of January 2016). In-lens IS performance is equivalent to 4 shutter speed steps.
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm f4.0 IS PRO Lens
- LC-77B Lens Cap
- LSC-1127 Lens Case
- DR-79 Decoration Ring
- LR-2 Rear Lens Cap
- Instruction manual