The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Lens. The ultimate medium to super-telephoto zoom lens. If you’re looking for a compact, versatile telephoto zoom lens that handles portraiture as well as it handles long-distance wildlife and action photography, look no further than the AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm. With the broadest focal length range in Nikon’s super-telephoto zoom line-up, the 80-400mm reduces the number of lenses you need to carry into the field; and expands your handheld shooting capabilities, thanks to Nikon’s Vibration Reduction (VR) technology. Create spectacular photos and HD videos in nearly any light, from nearly any distance.
- Versatile FX-format super-telephoto zoom lens that covers a broad focal length range.
- Excellent all-in-one choice for everything from portraiture and landscapes to wildlife and sports.
- Nikon's Vibration Reduction (VR) technology lets you shoot at shutter speeds up to 4x slower.
- Get as close as 5.7 feet from your subject, then zoom in for dazzling macro-style close-ups.
- Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing with seamless manual override.
Impressive At Any Distance
The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR lets you capture sharp close-ups with or without a tripod – making it ideal for long-distance situations such as wildlife and sports photography. You’ll also achieve remarkable performance at minimum zoom, producing portraits with gorgeously soft background blurs and an amazing level of detail.
Unleash Your DSLR’s Full Potential
Nikon’s Vibration Reduction image stabilisation improves the performance of your FX- or DX-format DSLR. This technology dramatically reduces camera shake, enhancing camera performance by up to 4 stops*. You’ll capture crisp images when shooting handheld, at full zoom or even in dim lighting.
Optimal Performance In Any Lighting
You’ll shoot photos and videos with exceptional clarity and contrast, day and night. Even in challenging lighting conditions, Nikon’s Extra-Low Dispersion glass elements and Nano Crystal Coat eliminate ghosting, flares and chromatic aberrations. These innovations let you capture brightly lit subjects with crisper edges, and night scenes with clearly defined points of light. To complement the advanced optics, Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor autofocus technology ensures quick and precise focus with near-silent operation.
* Based on CIPA Standard. The value is achieved when: DX-format lenses are attached to a DX-format digital SLR camera, FX-format compatible lenses are attached to an FX-format digital SLR camera, and zoom lenses are set at the maximum telephoto position.
|Mount Type||Nikon F-Bayonet|
|Focal Length Range||80 - 400mm|
|Maximum Aperture||f/ 4.5-5.6|
|Minimum Aperture||f/ 32-40|
|Maximum Angle of View (DX-format)||20°|
|Minimum Angle of View (DX-format)||4°|
|Maximum Angle of View (FX-format)||30°10'|
|Minimum Angle of View (FX-format)||6°10'|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||0.2x|
|Compatible Format(s)||FX, DX, FX in DX Crop Mode, 35mm Film|
|VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization||Yes|
|Nano Crystal Coat||Yes|
|ED Glass Elements||4|
|Super ED Glass Elements||1|
|Super Integrated Coating||Yes|
|AF-S (Silent Wave Motor)||Yes|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1m 45s|
|Focus Mode||Auto, Manual, Auto/Manual|
|Accepts Filter Type||Screw-on|
|Compatible with Nikon AF-S Teleconverters||Yes (refer to the product manual for details)|
|Approx. Dimensions (Diameter x Length)||95.5mm x 203mm
Based on CIPA Guidelines
|Approx. Weight||1570g (including tripod collar)
Based on CIPA Guidelines
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
- 77mm Snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-77
- Rear Lens Cap LF-4
- Bayonet Hood HB-65
- Soft Pouch CL-M2