Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Lens
100% Genuine Australian Stock
2-Year Nikon Australia Warranty (after registration)
The compact, lightweight Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Lens delivers 300mm of telephoto reach (450mm equivalent on DX-format D-SLRs) with Nikon’s second generation of Vibration Reduction (VR II) for enhanced hand-held and low-light shooting. Powered by Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing, and optimised with the latest advancements in lens design, it draws peak performance from both FX- and DX-format DSLRs. Leave the tripod at home and create stunning still images and HD videos from any distance.
- 4.3x, 70-300mm telephoto zoom (picture angle, when used with Nikon DX format digital SLRs is equivalent to a 105-450mm on a 35mm format SLR)
- VR II minimises camera shake by offering the equivalent of a shutter speed 4 stops faster. Normal and Active modes are available
- Two ED glass elements
- SWM enables fast and quiet autofocusing, and smooth switching between autofocus and manual operation
- Two focus modes are available - M/A and M
- IF design provides a constant lens length and eliminates rotation of the front lens element, facilitating the use of circular polarising filters
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm opening
Nikon’s VR II image stabilization
The AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED brings telephoto reach to hand-held shooting opportunities. Compact and lightweight, it’s a well-balanced walk-around lens for stills and HD videos. Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilisation provides 2.5 stops of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images and HD video capture. You can even focus as close as 4.9-ft throughout the entire zoom range for fantastic close-up shots.
Built on a legacy of NIKKOR excellence
Whether you shoot an FX- or DX-format camera, the AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED captures exceptional photos and HD videos with edge-to-edge sharpness. Its specialised Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass produces clear, high-contrast images with minimal chromatic aberration. Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides ultra-quiet, ultra-fast autofocusing with seamless manual focus override; and Internal Focus (IF) lets that focusing occur without the lens changing size, so you can maintain camera-subject working distance throughout the focus range.
|Lens Construction (Elements/Groups)||17/12 (2 ED glass elements)|
|Picture Angle with 35mm (135) format||34°20’ - 8°10’|
|Picture Angle with Nikon DX Format||22°50’ - 5°20’|
|Minimum f/stop||32 - 40|
|Closest focusing distance||1.5m (through the entire focal range)|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||1/4|
|Filter Attachment Size||67mm|
|Dimensions (approx.) (from the cameraâ€™s lens mounting flange)||80 x 143.5mm|
|Supplied Accessories (may differ by country or area)||Front lens cap LC-67, Rear lens cap LF-1, Bayonet hood HB-36, Flexible lens pouch CL-1022|