With a guide number of 36 for ISO 100/21° and 85 mm, the entry-level Metz Mecablitz 36 AF-5 Digital Flash delivers superior light output in any shooting scenario. What’s more, its accessible ease of operation makes it a real winner. Even bouncing flash is child’s play thanks to the vertically tilting reflector. And the manually-configurable zoom reflector yields even more benefits. By adjusting the reflector to different focal lengths, the illumination angle of the 36 AF-5 digital can be optimally exploited for each scenario.
Simple operation and clever special functions
The Mecablitz 36 AF-5 digital scores points with its simple operation. The vertically tilting swivel reflector also affords creative illumination options and bouncing flash. Another useful function of the compact flash is a manually adjustable zoom reflector. Optimum benefit can be drawn from the illumination angle of the 36 AF-5 digital in every situation by adjusting the reflector specifically to the various focal lengths (28/50/85). The flash-readiness indicator (subject to camera) in the view finder also offers helpful additional information. In tricky back light situations, applications such as fill-in flash (subject to camera) pose no problem for the mecablitz 36 AF-5 digital thanks to its GN 36. Furthermore, with integrated AF flash metering, the flash can also function effectively as a valuable focusing tool in difficult lighting conditions.
Different versions for Canon, Nikon, Olympus/Panasonic/Leica, Pentax and Sony
It goes without saying that the respective camera manufacturer’s sophisticated flash lighting technology can also be employed with the appropriate version of the Mecablitz 36 AF-5 digital, in addition to several special functions, such as first and second shutter curtain synchronisation. Thus the 36 AF-5 digital offers E-TTL for Canon – i-TTL for Nikon – P-TTL for Pentax – four thirds TTL for Olympus/Panasonic/Leica and ADI for Sony.
Metz Mecablitz – 57 years of success
Metz flash units represent high performance technology and reliable quality – and have done for 57 years. The comprehensive Metz product range offers high-quality, technically evolved products for all user groups. As Metz flash units can be combined with practically all major camera manufacturer models, Metz products bring together decades of knowhow from various flash technologies.
- Max. guide number 36 for ISO 100/21° and 85 mm
- High flash numbers (e.g. 450 full flashes with alkaline-magnesium batteries)
- Flash delay 0.3 – 3 seconds (depending on energy source and flash output)
- Vertically tilting swivel reflector +90°
- LED displays
- Manual zoom reflector for 28 – 85 mm illumination
- Wide-angle diffuser for 18 mm illumination included
- Integrated autofocus flash metering
- Flash readiness indicator and correct exposure display on reverse of device and in camera viewfinder (subject to camera)
Ready for the future
- Firmware update possible via Metz service
Camera-specific flash functions
- E-TTL flash mode (Canon)
- i-TTL flash mode (Nikon)
- P-TTL flash mode (Pentax)
- Four thirds TTL flash mode (Olympus / Panasonic / Leica)
- ADI flash mode (Sony)
Basic flash functions
- TTL flash mode
- 1st and 2nd shutter curtain synchronisation (subject to camera)
- Automatic fill-in flash (subject to camera)
- 4 x AA alkaline-magnesium batteries
- 4 x AA NC or NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Metz Mecablitz 36 AF-5 Digital Flash for Nikon
- Operating Instructions