The Metz Mecablitz 15 MS-1 Digital Macro Ring Flash provides wireless macro flash via two individually-controlled reflectors. In doing so, the innovative macro flash ring guarantees balanced, precision illumination whilst opening up new creative possibilities for macro shots. With the help of individually variable reflectors (0°–20°) and their precision light distribution, individual creativity really does have full rein.
Creating effective light accents has never been so easy, regardless of the subject. And all this with superior convenience of use – after all, the Metz Mecablitz 15 MS-1 digital automatically provides the right level of light both reliably and with precision – all thanks to wireless TTL* operation. Over and above this is a clear dot matrix display which serves to make operation of the Mecablitz 15 MS-1 digital even easier. Anyone looking for even more creative latitude can fall back on the manual controls on the new Mecablitz 15 MS-1 and vary the prescribed light output via the six partial light output settings. Space-saving internal (rechargeable) batteries provide efficient power supply.
- Wireless TTL flash control
- Two reflector system, individually pivoting (0°, 10°, 20°) and separately controlled
- Ratio function (light distribution from left to right
- Horizontal (20°) pivoting reflector
- Dot matrix display
- Standard 50mm illumination
- Enclosed bouncer disc for softer illumination
- Adjustable light (modelling light)
- Integrated autofocus auxiliary light
- Flash standby and exposure control indicator on flash unit
- Flash functions for specific camera models in remote TTL mode
First class user convenience
The Mecablitz 15 MS-1 digital lies snug in the hand. Small, light, handy – with a practical clip mechanism so it can be fixed to all standard lenses. With independent power supply, so that photographing is not disturbed by troublesome cables. In addition, an intuitive, attractive DOT matrix display makes the Metz Mecablitz 15 MS-1 digital simplicity itself to use.
Versatile macro flash with TTL and slave with learning function
The remote TTL flash operation of the Mecablitz 15 MS-1 digital can be used for digital cameras of the following makes: Canon, Nikon, Olympus/Panasonic, Pentax/Samsung and Sony-Alpha. In this case, the camera must either have an integrated flash unit acting as master, or be equipped with add-on flash (e.g. Metz 58 AF-1 digital).
In slave mode, the Mecablitz 15 MS-1 digital is also suitable for nearly all other makes of camera. Manual flash operation can be carried out via a synchronous cable. In addition, Metz Mecablitz 15 MS-1 digital learns autonomously in the conventional slave mode! Its learning function ensures that the small slave flash is reliably triggered every time by the flash integrated in the camera – even if this sends out a ranging pre-flash. In individual cases, this specific cooperation is attained by trial triggering in slave mode. In this case, the light amount emitted can be varied across 6 light levels. The bouncer disc included in the scope of delivery performs especially valuable service by ensuring even illumination.
Rechargeable batteries or AAA batteries, compactly accommodated in the device, efficiently power the device. Equipped as standard with USB-interface for software updates via Internet. Adapter rings in the sizes 62, 67 and 72 mm are optionally available.
Operates as slave flash unit in the following operating modes
- E-TTL – remote flash mode (Canon)
- i-TTL- remote flash mode (Nikon / Fujifilm)
- P-TTL remote flash mode (Pentax / Samsung)
- Four-Thirds TTL remote flash mode (Olympus / Panasonic / Leica)
- ADI remote flash mode (Sony Alpha)
Basic flash functions
- TTL remote flash operating mode (as slave unit)
- Slave flash mode with pre-flash suppression
- Slave flash mode with learn function
- Manual flash mode with 6 partial lighting levels
- 1st and 2nd shutter curtain synchronisation
- Max. GN of 15 for ISO 100/21° and 50 mm
- High number of flashes (e.g. 200 full flashes with NiMH batteries, 1000 mAh)
- Flash recycle time 0.3 – 5 secs (depending on the energy source and flash output)
Prepared for the future
- Firmware update via integrated USB port possible
- Additional adapter rings available for 62, 67 and 72 mm
- AAA alkaline magnesium batteries, AAA lithium batteries
- AAA NC or NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Metz Mecablitz 15 MS-1 Digital Macro Ringlight
- 52, 55 and 58mm Adapter Tings
- Bouncer Disc
- IR Clip-ons
- Belt Pouch