Crisp sound. Superb performance. The Canon DM-E1 Directional Stereo Microphone can help experienced videographers and aspiring filmmakers alike achieve high-quality audio when recording video using a compatible Canon EOS digital camera*. It features a number of directional controls to suit the environment and your shooting needs. Shotgun mode keeps audio focused on a subject directly in front of the camera, such as when interviewing someone for a documentary. Stereo (90°/120°) mode captures audio over a wide area for more ambient sound, ideal for nature scenes or entire orchestras. If your creativity brings you outside, the microphone also comes with a Wind Screen to help keep wind noise to a minimum. Whether you're looking to create your masterpiece movie, record a concert or simply capture the sights and sounds of nature, the Directional Microphone DM-E1 pairs wonderfully with a Canon EOS digital camera to help you achieve phenomenal audio for your video.
- First Canon external microphone suited specially for Canon EOS digital cameras* to help enhance sound quality when shooting video.
- Frequency response of 50 Hz to 16 kHz.
- Shotgun and Stereo (90°/120°) directional controls can be easily adjusted using the directivity switch for use in a variety of shooting situations.
- Shock mount construction helps reduce camera operation noise and lens driver sounds.
- Built-in power supply of a single button-type lithium cell battery.
- Power check lamp allows the user to conveniently check the status of the life of the built-in battery.
* Applies to all Canon EOS digital cameras with a microphone jack.
|Type||Back electret stereo condenser type stereo microphone|
|Directivity||Sharp directivity (SHOTGUN: monaural) Single directivity (90°/120° stereo)|
|Sensitivity||-42 dB (1 khZ, 0 dB=1 V/Pa)|
|Output Impedance||550 Ω|
|Working Temperature Range||32–104°F / 0-40°C|
|Working Humidity||85% or less|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||Approx. 40.0 x 84.0 x 130.0mm|
|Weight||Approx. 110g (main body only)|