CamBuy Review of the Month Contest
Write a product review for a purchase made on our website (you’ll be invited to do so by email), and you’ll be entered into our Review of the Month contest. The most interesting, eye-opening review will win $50 CamBuy Gift Card. The contest runs every month! Good luck!
Review of the Month Winners to Date
|April||03/04/17||Ben F.||Clifton Hill, VIC|
Ben's Review of Canon BG-E20 Battery Grip
"The BG-E20 (5D4 grip) is very similar in design to the BG-E11 (5DIII body grip) - ergonomics are good, and it's a solid addition to the standard camera. There are two modifications to the design which I dislike. First is the on/off switch: In the 5D3, the on/off switch was a slider - you could flick it with a single finger as needed. With the BG-E20 (5D4), it's a rotary switch - but it's not something you can flick with a single finger, you have to use a thumb and finger to turn it. This means you need two hands to turn it on and off, one to hold you camera, the other to flick the switch. The second is the battery holder. It looks like they have pruned down the physical structure of the holder to save weight - but now there is less material, and the plastic also seems more flimsy. You can hear how fragile the plastic sounds if you drop it on a table. The 5D3 grip battery holder did not feel like it would break, even if you dropped it. The 5D4 sounds very fragile. I still recommend the grip - functionally it's still terrific and on the whole, the build quality is fine. However, with the couple of downsides I have mentioned, I'm deducting one star from my review."
Previous Gift Card Giveaway Winners
|March||04/03/17||Andrew M.||Clifton Hill, VIC|
|February||04/02/17||Allan C.||North Lakes, QLD|
|January||07/01/17||Robert G.||Cranebrook, NSW|
|December||03/12/16||Richard A.||Mona Vale, NSW|
|November||05/11/16||Allan C.||North Lakes, QLD|
|October||08/10/16||Jane N.||Roselands, NSW|
|September||07/09/16||Nicoletta Z.||Berkeley Vale, NSW|
|August||06/08/16||John P.||Long Jetty, NSW|
|July||02/07/16||Charlie B.||Belmore, NSW|
|June||04/06/16||Shuangming D.||Yarralumla, ACT|
|December||05/12/15||Diane H.||Cooma, NSW|
|November||09/11/15||Adrian F.||Terrigal, NSW|
|October||03/10/15||Gary B.||Samson, WA|
|September||07/09/15||Matt E.||Botany, NSW|
|August||07/08/15||Yuan F.||Box Hill, VIC|
|July||04/07/15||Garry R.||Burton, SA|
|June||04/06/15||Roger B.||Beecroft, NSW|
|May||06/05/15||Justin C.||Darlinghurst, NSW|
|April||07/04/15||Fred E.||Orange, NS|
Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter of this Competition is CamBuy Camera Store (CamBuy), 187 Maroubra Road, Maroubra, NSW, 2035. TEL: (02) 8322 3866. ABN: 58 328 560 742.
2. An eligible person for the Competition is a person who is 18 years of age or over, and who completes and submits a meaningful review for a product they bought at www.cambuy.com.au (cambuy.com.au), excluding all in-store purchases. An eligible person will receive one entry for every eligible review.
3. Employers, employees and immediate families of employers and employees of CamBuy, and the associated companies and agencies of CamBuy are ineligible to enter. ‘Immediate families’ means spouse, defacto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling, whether natural or adopted by a parent.
4. The Competition commences at 12:00 on the first day of every month and concludes at 23:59 on the last day of the month (Sydney Time). The Promotional Period runs from 1st of May 2016 to 30th April 2017.
5. The Competition winner will be determined by the CamBuy staff members at 14:00 on the first Saturday of the following month at CamBuy Camera Store, 187 Maroubra Road, Maroubra, NSW, 2035. For example, the May Competition starts at 12:00 1st May 2016, ends at 23:59 31st May 2016, and the Draw takes place at 14:00 4th June 2016. CamBuy reserves the right to select two additional reserve entries in case an invalid or ineligible entry is chosen. The winner need not be present at the draw.
6. The winner will receive a prize consisting of one $50 CamBuy Gift Card, value in Australian Dollars. Total prize value for the Promotional Period is $1,200.
7. From the date the winner is determined: they will be notified by email and/or telephone within two business days; their first name, initial letter of last name, suburb and state of address will be published on www.cambuy.com.au within two business days; the prize will be sent to them by email within 6 weeks. CamBuy will make every reasonable effort to contact and send the prize to the winner. If unsuccessful after three months, the prize will be awarded to the next entry that was drawn as a reserve.
8. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, cannot be: exchanged for cash; transferred to another person; substituted; combined with other promotional offers. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is: valid for six months from the date it is sent to the winner; usable only at cambuy.com.au, not in-store; usable in multiple and/or separate purchases; usable in combination with other methods of payment accepted at www.cambuy.com.au.
9. CamBuy, in its discretion, reserves the right to: substitute the prize with a prize equal to the value, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority; verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence); withdraw an entry if the corresponding purchase made at cambuy.com.au is, for any reason, amended, incomplete, cancelled, returned or refunded; withdraw an entry if it is incomplete, indecipherable, illegible, programmed (or made by similar methods or agents) or non-compliant with these terms and conditions. Failure by CamBuy to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
10. If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond CamBuy’s control, CamBuy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, subject to any written direction given by a regulatory authority.
11. By entering the Competition the entrant: understands that their name, suburb and state of address may appear on cambuy.com.au and other third party websites; understands that CamBuy reserves the right to use their name, suburb and state of address for publicity purposes on cambuy.com.au and other third party websites without payment of any kind to them; understands that they release and indemnify CamBuy from and against all actions, liabilities, penalties, claims or demands they may have against CamBuy or that CamBuy may incur for any loss or damage which they may suffer or sustain as a direct or indirect result of entering or participating in the Competition or winning or failing to win a prize, or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law or which would cause any part of this clause to be void or unenforceable.
12. CamBuy's decision is final and no other correspondence will be entered into.
13. Participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
14. Authorised under permit number: LTPS/16/03373 (NSW)